Feb 12, 2009

Ask Edwina!

Dear Edwina,
I am the only girl on my hockey team, sometimes people tease me. I am a bit sensitive, so it annoys me a lot. What should I do to prevent it?
Sincerely,
Emma S.

Dear Emma -

It seems that you too are in need of some snappy retorts. So here are three for you, tailored for your specific situation. When you are teased about being the only girl on the team, try these on for size:

“And to think, I was just thinking how lucky I am to be playing with all of you. I am such a dork.”
“I’m sorry, sir, but there are better ways to show that you are in love with me. So why don’t we keep my being a girl out of it and concentrate on the game?”
And if all else fails, simply smile and say...
“I’m sorry, but I don’t speak lame-o. Can you speak English, please? Good luck to both of you!!

Love,
Edwina

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Clicky Web Analytics