Mar 5, 2009

Meet the Company...2nd edition

Here is our second interview in our series with people involved with Dear Edwina.

Enjoy!


Name: Cynthia M Hennon

Role: Production Stage Manager

What was the first play you were ever in?

Anything Goes

How old were you?

Freshman in HS…so I was about 14 or 15

What was your part?

Props….and I hated every minute of it. I swore I would never do another show again. Three months later the next show started and I signed up for it (with a little persuasion).

When did you know you wanted to be a professional in the theatre?

I never want to be an actor! But I knew I wanted to be a professional stage manager my sophomore year of college.

Is this your first show in New York?

This is my fourth show. Before this I was the Production Assistant for Equus on Broadway, and then the Production Stage Manager (PSM) for a small 2 man show called Stones in His Pockets and PSM for a reading of a new musical called Falling to Earth.

Tell us about learning that you had been cast in Dear Edwina. How did you find out? Was it exciting?

I was sitting in my best friends hotel room on 5th ave when I got a call asking if I wanted to do the show. I was elated! After a huge hug from my best friend, and dancing around the apt, I called all my family, then went out and celebrated.

What is your favorite part about being in Dear Edwina?

The cast is sooooooooooo amazing. All such wonderful people and I love working with them and seeing them every day.

What song/lesson from the show do you most relate to? Was their one that you remember needed to learn when you were younger?

I don’t know about when I was younger. But every time I go to dinner or see a place setting or cook dinner I always sing “Salad Fork, Fork, plate, knife, spoon!” And my roommate and I will sing “Hola, Lola” on the subway and do the choreography.

What was your favorite game when you were in elementary school?

I always had my twin sister with me….and our cousins were close by. We usually played “House” or “school” when we got together. At school I spent a lot of time reading.


If you have questions for Cynthia, the rest of the cast and crew, or just about the show in general, please email them to Dear.EdwinaBlog@gmail.com or leave them as a message here.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a lot of fun! Currently, I'm 12 years old, and the have been the head SM for the plays Cinderella, The Music Man, and Cats. You are lucky, that sounds like a dream job!

    ReplyDelete

 
Clicky Web Analytics