Mar 3, 2009

Meet the Company...

The Advice-A-Palooza team got the chance to do some interviews with different people involved with Dear Edwina. We talked to the actors, musicians, director, writers, stage manager, etc. We are going to be bringing these interviews in periodically and our first one is below.

Enjoy!

Name: Joe Kinosian

Role: Piano/Conductor/Joe Spoonapple

What was the first play you were ever in?

A biography of George Washington.

How old were you?

6… First grade.

What was your part?

George Washington!

When did you know you wanted to be a professional actor?

I don’t think I ever considered doing anything besides performing… it was always in my blood.

Is this your first show in New York?

No, I’ve played piano for a number of shows around town, including workshops of The Color Purple before it went to Broadway.

Tell us about learning that you had been cast in Dear Edwina. How did you find out? Was it exciting?

It was very exciting! I hadn’t heard anything for 2 days, so I figured I hadn’t gotten the job. Then I ran into Mark (our Music Director) at a show and said hello. He was making pleasant conversation and then said “by the way, you got the job.” I was ecstatic.

What is your favorite part about being in Dear Edwina?

Getting to work with such wonderful people every day. I love the cast.

What song/lesson from the show do you most relate
to?
Was there one that you remember needing to learn when you were younger?

I guess I was a bit of a Frankenguest at times… but I think Fork Knife Spoon is the most useful. I’m going to remember how to set a table forever now.

What was your favorite game when you were in elementary school?

Tag. I loved to run.



If you have questions for Joe, the rest of the cast and crew, or just about the show in general, please email them to Dear.EdwinaBlog@gmail.com or leave them as a message here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Clicky Web Analytics